UrbanYou is Australia’s leading on-demand marketplace for household services, connecting busy people with trusted, pre-screened cleaners and gardeners. Like UBER and AirBnb, UrbanYou leads the user journey from discovery to transaction, through to scheduling and payments, all via our online platform. Instead of searching blindly, your requirements are matched in real time with a verified professional.
We have recently gained new funding from one of Australia’s leading VCs, we’ve been named as one of the Top 25 Female-Founded Startups to Watch, and we’ve been featured across top publications and on Sunrise, as “the easiest way to manage your home services”. UrbanYou is rapidly expanding by double digits each month across Sydney and Melbourne, and is set to expand nationwide within 12-months. With all this happening, we are now looking for a Head of Operations & Customer Happiness, to run many of the day-to-day processes while still ensuring we continue to delight our users.
This is a hands-on role, and as part of the Executive Team you will take full ownership for all internal processes relating to Operations and Customer Happiness. You will spearhead new processes and systems as UrbanYou scales so you will need to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the business. You will be passionate about the UrbanYou product, and will work in cross-functional teams to continually optimize and ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage our team of Customer Happiness Agents and work to strengthen our product, streamline processes, and ensure we have an unrivalled customer experience.
- Manage customer service issues during daily operations, including inbound phone, email, SMS and Zendesk ticketing. You will resolve issues swiftly with both users and service pros.
- Communicate cross-functionally with our teams to continually optimize the UrbanYou product, and ensure our customers and service pros have an amazing experience with each and every booking, and that their experience is always improving.
- Solve complex logistical and operational problems to give the best customer experience and improve our business model.
- Reporting & setting priorities as well as targets with your team.
- Create a playbook for implementation of operational processes in new markets.
- You are a problem solver. You love being challenged and are able to figure things out and make everything better as a result.
- You’re analytical with a strong commercial instinct. You are able to dissect business issues, analyze data, and draw actionable conclusions.
- You show ownership. You hate leaving things incomplete and are hugely satisfied when a list of tasks is completed.
- You thrive in a high-paced environment, and love being hands-on with customer service. Operations and Customer Happiness in an on-demand marketplace can be intense, as we solve our customers & service pros problems in real time.
- You have great attention to detail. You make sure to cross your t’s and dot your i’s and know how to operate without mistakes.
- You are process-oriented. You find it hugely satisfying to build a process and see things falls into place.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills for internal and external stakeholders.
- You manage ambiguity well. We are a rapidly growing startup which means that we are constantly finding new and better ways of running the business.
- You’re a natural people person and leader with impressive ability to build rapport.
- You will ideally have leadership experience at a high-growth or early-stage start-up/
Competitive salary, weekly team lunch, discounted home services, and being part of a fun and dynamic team. This is a fulltime role located in Crows Nest, Sydney.
If you’d like to help shape the future of UrbanYou and be part of a fast growing, young, exciting business as it scales, then we’d love to hear from you! To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and outline why you should you be considered for this role to email@example.com